A Weekend with the Cothrans

Hi there! Weekends are good in Toronto. As hard as it's been to find a flow during the week, we've settled into a nice weekend routine here!

It's nothing revolutionary, but it's good.
Here's what we did this weekend:

Friday night we stayed home, made a nice dinner together (chili in a slow-cooker) and watched Black Swan. [Sorry Louise, I forgot to take a photo of the yummy chili!]

Saturday night we were invited to a Halloween party! Boyd is not one who usually likes to dress up for Halloween (I don't think he's dressed up the past 5 years) but since we're new here I didn't think we could turn down a party with new friends.
Prohibitionists! Perfect costume for a historian. Of course, wine is okay for sacramental purposes....
Our Sunday morning tradition has been to go to a nearby cafe for brunch. Yum! We tried out a new place today: The Starving Artist, which specializes in waffles! I had a "western" omelet in a mini waffle sandwich and Boyd got Eggs Benedict on potato waffles. Of course, it was so good that I forgot to take photos until I was all done! Instead, here is the last sip of my coffee:

After brunch we went on the weekly grocery trip.
Boyd thought I was crazy for taking photos in the store...
Next came Hazel's least favorite part of the weekend - cleaning and vacuuming time!
Quick! The sweater drawer is the only place safe from the vacuum monster!
Now, I'm relaxing in the living room, watching the rain fall. We're having one of Boyd's colleagues over for dinner, so soon I'll be making a Mushroom Pie - the perfect thing to serve this chilly fall day.
View from our couch. Still some leaves on that tree!
Hope you're all having a fun weekend!

Comments

Love Hazel in the drawer....
Louise said…
All that food sounded delicious!! And sounds like a nice way to spend the weekend.

Popular Posts