Adult Tea Party

Louise braved rain and hail to make it
to the tea party!
We have just three weeks left in Minnesota and so these days we visiting our favorite places one last time, and doing all the things we've been meaning to do. While we missed the last local performance of A Prairie Home Companion, I did manage to arrange a tea party with my friends at Lady Elegant's Tea Room. Louise, Gena, and I have regular tea parties but this one was extra special because they both got baby-sitters for their little ones and we had an adults-only tea party!

We went for Lady Elegant's fancy Parlor Tea with the Bottomless Pot of Tea and four tasty courses. The tea cups were all different patterns and the decor was properly tea room-esque.
First Course: Chilled Creamy Cucumber Soup. mmmm
A relaxed Gena with her tea cup.
2nd, 3rd, and 4th Courses, from bottom to top.
Sandwiches, scones with Devon cream and jam,
and cookies and cakes. Amazing food!
It was so nice to have time with just the three of us! The moms kept sighing and saying it was like heaven, which made me so happy. The tea took us over 2 hours and the conversation only drifted to mommy potty talk 2-3 (or 4) times. :)

I hope to have many more tea parties with these lovely ladies in the future, where ever we are living!

Comments

Elder said…
Sunday morning and I've just finished my peanut butter and toast now i'm ready for that tea!
Sort of sad and also really sweet and nice. I love all of you. I am glad you take time for nurturing each other and your relationship!

Popular Posts