It's baaaack! Camping season is here!

We went on our first camping trip of the season last weekend! It felt so good getting out in the woods, breathing the fresh air, hanging out around the campfire, sleeping snug in a tent, huddling under a tarp while a fabulous spring storm poured down its wrath....

This time we went to Wild River State Park, which is one hour north of St. Paul. Officially, it was a church trip for the 20-30 year old folks but really it was just an excuse to get together some great people and head outside for the weekend.

Our group of campers and day-campers we had:
  • 8 adults
  • 5 kids
  • 1 dog
  • 1 12x24 ft tarp (see below)
It was a good thing we had the tarp because we did get to witness an amazing thunderstorm, marveling at the power of nature. Here we are getting ready for the rain.

I know we live in the age of digital cameras; a time when no one ever has to look bad in a photo again. However, I got a couple of GREAT candid shots of the weekend, so I will share them here, to remind us all of the days of not-so-perfect photos.

Here's a good one of Boyd and Gena.
 Then I told them to smile, because I was only getting weird ones of them chewing, and this is what I got:
 It's impossible to get three toddlers to look in the same direction at the same time. Here's one with at least two out of three!
 Ethan has quite the smile! He loved hanging out in his "Jeep" pouch all weekend.
 Tim posing :)

And to end, I share some new chair yoga poses:
Isla

Boyd 

Comments

Popular Posts