More Squash Love!

Last weekend I made such an amazing squash-centered dinner! I got some more butternut squash from the farmer's market and made Roasted Butternut Squash Polenta with Fried Sage from my squash cookbook. I didn't have any sage so I substituted in basil instead, which I got from our landlord who left a cut of it in our foyer.

I always forget how much I love polenta and this was such a good recipe to remind me! Polenta can get so creamy without any actual dairy added. Of course, that didn't mean I couldn't add dairy to the dish - so I added feta on top. The squash was cut up in cubes before it was roasted, so there were lots of good crystalized bits! And check out the fancy presentation!
Qwill was a perfect gentleman. He sat at the table with us and waited patiently for a tuna pie that never came...
Along with the polenta, we (minus Qwill) shared a fabulous bottle of wine. It went so well and the tangy-ness was perfectly paired with the creamy-ness of the polenta. It's a Big House wine, which was originally from Bonny Doon Wineries in Santa Cruz. We got this bottle, however, at the cheap, state run liquor stores in New Hampshire a few week ago. Good deal!
How much did Boyd like the meal? He finished his bowl while I still had this much left! And he kept smacking his lips and saying "Mmmmmmm!"
And then he said:
"Please madam, can I have some more?"

Comments

Ha Ha Ha!! Hilarious picture of Boyd
Tanya, it looks like you are cooking some incredible food!

Popular Posts