Babies!
At this point in my life I don't envision myself having bab(ies). It's a conscious choice Boyd and I have made, and, although it may change some day in the future, that's the current plan. Procreation is a huge topic in our culture and people can't seem to believe me when I tell them I don't have any intention of having children. Despite this, I loved hearing from Gena about the love, joy, and ecstatic awesomeness of having a baby/child. She definitely was glowing as she talked about the experience; it was quite the testimonial! Isn't she a beautiful mother, looking just like a mother in a Victorian painting?

Getting together with the ladies wasn't all about babies, it was also about tea and sweets! Louise has an amazing mom & pop bakery, called the Baker's Wife, really close to her house, so she picked up: chocolate doughnuts, a cherry and cheese danish, and a pear tart. Yum! The black and white flower thing is a tea cozy, which is keeping our teapot and water hot. What better way to reconnect with friends than to eat good food, drink tea, and talk about baby stuff?
And this last photo is for Boyd's dad, Boyd the Elder. Here is your moment of Zen - Boyd holding a baby! Doesn't he look like he will be a perfect uncle for Baby Weinert? :)
Comments