On the Home Front...
UNTIL NOW!


We have found a perfect solution! When we stayed at our friend's house in Chicago last month she had BAMBOO sheets, which are the perfect combination of soft and cozy, mixed with cool and crisp! I rushed out to buy us a set - and they were even on sale when I got them. It was a sign that these sheets are a truly a gift from heaven (and eco-friendly)!
One thing we never argue about is food. Since marrying Boyd I have spent, surprisingly, less time in the kitchen than when I was single or we were dating. I think I must be one of the lucky ones for having a husband who likes to cook and is good at it too. Don't get me wrong, I love to cook but I like making fancy meals, which are rarely practical for weeknight meals. For example, I am (right at this moment) in the process of making Bon Appetit's Key Lime Tart for dessert tonight at my sister's house. Yum!
Anyway, as you can see in the picture above, last week Boyd really outdid himself and made a full Japanese meal with miso soup, edamame, sashimi and lots of sushi rolls. This time the rolls were:
- California rolls (crab & avo)
- Smoke salmon & cream cheese
- Cucumber & avo
- Tuna rolls
- Tempeh, avo & cucumber
Boyd is just one of many master chefs around the house these days: Mom also contributed her amazing cooking skills to the meal making teriyaki beef skewers (pictured right) and a phenomenal Orange Polenta Upside-Down with Whipped Creme Fraiche. I LOVED how the oranges got candied in the carmel sauce on the bottom. It was a definite "keeper" recipe - and pretty easy to make, I believe. Doesn't it look pretty too?
What have I been doing with all my free time, now that people are cooking for me and I finished my degree? My friend Mercis and I have been getting together weekly for craft time and grilled cheese sandwiches, since we both like sewing and cheese! Here is my current project- can you tell it's going to be an adorable knitted dress? Stay tuned for progress reports over the next few years as I work to finish it!
Comments