Happy Easter!

It's a family tradition on my mom's side of the family to have a brunch with lots of yummy quiche to celebrate Easter. So, even though we're half way across the country I wanted to bake quiche for Easter and invite friends over to make it a party!
This time I didn't go to Epicurious.com or even trusty Joy of Cooking because I have my very own family recipe cookbook with the official "Uncle Gary & Aunt Julie's Easter Quiche". My mom also has a quiche recipe in the cookbook so I decided to make one of each. Pictured above are:
  1. Asparagus and mozzarella quiche
  2. Mushroom, bell pepper and cheddar cheese quiche
Yum!

Luckily, because Easter was so late this year, it was actually warm and spring-like in Minnesota on Easter Sunday. To celebrate spring we invited our friends Chris and Elissah to go for a bike ride around town, along the river and by the lakes to work up a mighty appetite for quiche. The day was lovely! When we were ready for a short snack break we stopped in Loring Park Sculpture Garden. We made it there right after noon and I was absolutely enchanted by the church bells ringing the Easter Blessings from the Basillica of St. Mary.

By the time we got home I was REALLY ready for quiche, especially after the Franklin hill! Elissah brought ice tea with whipped cream on top (a great idea!) and also a refreshing salad with lemon dressing. (Sorry, I didn't take a picture of that). I set up the table and we had a fancy, fun Easter party - just like I wanted. :)

Happy Easter! Happy Spring!

Comments

That is so sweet Tanya! I think Julie would like this too!
Mom

Popular Posts